This service involves issuance of License to sell, import, distribute, manufacture or commercially use an agrochemical.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must satisfy the following list of requirements to qualify for this service:
- Must be aged 18 years and above.
- Applicant must have an Agrochemical Course Certificate.
- Must have a Trading License.
How do I get this service?
- Interested Applicants should complete the Application for a License to sell, import, distribute, manufacture of commercially use an Agrochemical which is available at the Division of Plant Protection and Agricultural District Offices.
- Submit the completed application form along with the relevant documents to the Division of Plant Protection Office in Sebele using the contact information stated below or the nearest District Crop Production Office (DCPO).
- All applications for Agrochemical Licences are processed at the Division of Plant Protection Offices in Sebele.
- The DCPO shall then inform the customer about the outcome of the application.
What supporting documents are required?
- Certified copy of a valid National Identity Card (Omang).
- Certified copy of Agrochemical Course Certificate.
How long will this service take?
Once all the relevant documents are submitted and inspection conducted at the warehouse, the licence can be issued in 10 working days.
How much does it cost?
BWP200.00 per license .
Where can I get more information on this Service
Division of Plant Protection
Department of Crop Production
Private Bag 0091
Tel. (+267) 3928745
E-mail. dcp [at] gov.bw
The Call Centre:
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday except, public holidays.