This service evaluates individuals and businesses wishing to undertake diamond cutting operations.
All citizens, non-citizens and businesses who meet the following criteria qualify for this service:
- Have access to technical competence and experience to carry on the business of diamond cutting and polishing.
- Have secured access to adequate financial resources to carry out the business of diamond cutting.
- Not in default in terms of the Diamond Cutting Act.
- Complete and submit the Diamond Cutting Licence Application Form with the supporting documents to the nearest office.
- Once the Diamond Office (address listed below) has processed the application, a response will be mailed to the applicant within 30 days.
- If approved, the applicant can pick up the licence from the Diamond Office in Gaborone (address listed below).
The following documents must be submitted in copies of four (4)
- Certified copy of Identification documents (Omang card for citizens)
- First three (3) pages of passport (for non-citizens)
- Certification of Incorporation in Botswana
- Certified copies of Shareholders Certificates (Form2)
- Certified List of Directors
- Company structure/organisational chart
- Audited financial reports for the previous three (3) years or financial documents confirming financial competency of the company
- Proof of technical competence (expertise and experience of production team in cutting, polishing and owning appropriate equipment)
- Company Directors must have diamond related training (attach certificates)
- Financial credentials/financial backing from a bank or financial institution
- Rough diamond supply agreements/ proof of continuous rough diamond supply
- Affidavits proving absence of criminal records and police clearance for directors and shareholders
- Proof of no bankruptcy in the history of the company’s operations
- Business Plan
Thirty (30) days.
- BWP 500.00 on issuance of licence.
- BWP 500.00 annually on renewal of licence.
Private Bag 0018
Plot 67782, Diamond Technology Park, Block 8 Industrial Area
Telephone. (+267) 3915311
Fax. (+267) 393 4586
Email. diamondofficebotswana [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays