Skip to main content

Application for Firearm Exemption Certificate


The service allows for legal firearms owners to seek permission to retain their unserviceable firearms.

Who is eligible?
  • Any registered firearm owner 
How do I get this service?
  • Write a letter seeking an exemption certificate from the Commissioner of Police
  • Subject to the application approval, complete Form 19 (Application form available online and at all Police Stations)
  • Submit it to Central Arms Registry at Botswana Police Headquarters
What supporting documents are required?
  • Valid National Identification documents
  • Non-citizens must present a valid passport and residence permit
How long will this service take?

14 working days

How much does it cost?


Where can I obtain this service?

Central Arms Registry at Botswana Police Headquarters

Where can I get more information on this Service

Central Arms Registry

Botswana Police Headquarters 

Lot 4, Government Enclave

Private Bag 0012



Tell. (+267) 3622000

Fax. (+267) 3973723

Email: police [at]


Give Us Feedback