An applicant who intends to apply for a Certificate of Naturalization as a Foreign Spouse must submit a Declaration of Intention Form as required by the Citizenship Act.
The applicant must be a non-citizen married to a Botswana citizen and has resided in Botswana for a minimum of two and a half years.
In order to access this service, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Complete and Submit Form K “Declaration on Intention to make an Application for a Certificate of Naturalization by a Foreign Spouse” and submit at any Immigration Office along with required documents and fees listed below.
- After the application is received, the office will send the Maturity Letter to the applicant through mail.
- Two passport size coloured photos.
- Certified copy of the spouse’s valid national identity card (Omang).
- Certified copy of valid residence permit.
- Certified copy of marriage certificate.
Approximately one month.
There are no costs
All Regional Immigration Offices, District Immigration Offices and Missions abroad.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs
Tel. (+267) 361 1300
Toll Free. 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.